Introduction to Crystal Mountain Resort
Crystal Mountain first opened for skiing in 1962 with 2 rope tows and a double chairlift, and grew slowly over the first few decades. Today it’s Washington’s largest ski resort with 11 lifts and the only 8-passenger Gondola in the State. During the summer visitors from around the world flock to Crystal Mountain for the views of Mt. Rainier, mountain-top dining and fun summer-time activities.
Crystal Mountain is best known for it’s world class ski slopes, but it’s more than just that…
- It’s memories waiting to be created
- It’s family hikes, horseback rides, and never-ending photo opportunities
- It’s scenic gondola rides and a gourmet meal at Washington’s highest elevation restaurant
- It’s Mt. Rainier bigger and more beautiful than you’ve ever seen it
Keep the mountain magic going and stay the night. We are located just 6 miles from the Northeast entrance to Mt. Rainier National Park making us the perfect base camp.
Mt. Rainier Gondola, from ‘A’ to Breathless…
The views of neighboring Mt. Rainier will take your breath away! On a clear day you can see 5 active volcanoes from the top of the gondola. You’ll also find the Summit House, Washington’s highest elevation restaurant, just a few steps away and access to miles of hiking trails.
- Opened January 1, 2011
- Currently has 24 cabins (has capacity for 36 total)
- Vertical rise: 2,456 feet
- 13 towers
- Each cabin seats up to 8 people
- Trip time: 10-12 minutes each way (depending on speed)
- Manufactured by Doppelmary
- Cost: $6 million