Crystal Mountain Alpine Club (CMAC)
About CMAC Ski Racing
New member registration begins on October 1. Space is limited and early registration discounts end after October 15.
Crystal Mountain Alpine Club (CMAC) has been partnering with Crystal Mountain Resort from its inception in 1963. Since then, thousands of youth have come through the program to become lifelong talented all-mountain skiers, with some going on to race in college, on the US national team and even at the Olympics.
CMAC’s philosophy is to provide programs that are fun and enjoyable for all participants while developing strong skiing skills learned through structured training and directed free skiing using the entire mountain. This creates strong racers and excellent skiers with a deep love of the sport. The CMAC philosophy not only develops successful ski racers, but skiers who will participate in the sport throughout their lives. This philosophy also develops life skills that transcend sports.
In collaboration with Crystal Mountain, CMAC hosts several races each season. As well as being great opportunities for the racers to compete and have fun, parent volunteers get to enjoy the ski racing community and learn more about the sport through these events.
There is a range of programs from the Mighty Mite Prep program for first-time racers through to top level racing for high school athletes and even a master’s program for those who want to continue racing as adults. These programs are:
- Saturday Mighty Mite Prep: a great starting point for first-time racers aged 7 to 11
- Sunday Mighty Mite Race: the next step up from the prep program (also for ages 7 to 11)
- Saturday Advanced Prep: racing and all mountain program for athletes ages 12 to 15
- Sunday Junior U14 1-Day: program for building race skills for 12 to 13 year-old athletes
- Junior Full-Time Program: full-time racing program for experienced racers ages 12 to 15
- U19 Full-Time Program: full-time racing program for experienced racers ages 16 to 20
- Masters: racing and training for adults – no prior experience necessary
For more information on these programs click on the links for each program.
Home Race Schedule
January 14-16, 2017: CMAC Mitey Mite GS Race U12/U10/U8 plus U12 SG Monday
February 10, 2017: NW Cup GS Race Mission 2GS/1 SL – FIS/U16
February 11-12, 2017: Mitey Mite SL Race (U8/U10/U12)
February 18-19, 2017: Crystal SL Races – All Juniors and U14 Qualifier
March 11, 2017: Sally McNabb Cup GS
Registration for new families starts every year on October 1, with early registration discounts extending through October 15. Learn more about the registration process, but don’t delay because programs have registration caps!